PLEASE JOIN US FOR WAESA’S Virtual 5th Annual Security & Integration Symposium
Tuesday & Wednesday, November 10th & 11th, 2020, 8:00am-12:30pm each day ($65 per Member, $85 per Non –Member)
Receive L&I CEU CREDITS for attending the Symposium (Journey Level and Administrator – must attend the full symposium to receive CEU’s & CEU’s do not apply to Apprentices)
The following presentations/discussions have been confirmed:
- The State of your Company from an industry expert Consultant’s Perspective presented by Kirk MacDowell of MacGuard Security Advisors, Inc.
- Choose Video Surveillance Monitoring as a Complement to your Security Solution with Jeremy White of Pro-Vigil
- Understanding Business Insurance – An explanation of various insurances and the importance of each type. Crystal Jacobs of US Risk
- Marketing Concepts for Security Companies during the Pandemic with David Morgan of SD Marketing, Editor of Marketing Madmen column in SDM Magazine
- Experts Forum Panel Discussion on the CDMA/3G sunset
- Virtual Trade Show Presentations by our Sponsor Vendors
Welcome to WAESA
WAESA is the association representing the Life Safety & Integration Industry of the Pacific Northwest.
WAESA is pleased to offer the NTS CFAT Level II and Level III Certification that are approved as the alternative to the NICET requirement in Washington State Effective July 1, 2019. CLICK Here for More Information >>
Important WAESA Announcement
Changes in the relationship with ESA effective January 1, 2020
In June of 2019, the Electronic Security Association announced the sun-setting of its State Chapter relationships.
What does this mean to our members? You will have the choice to join WAESA, ESA or both organizations. You will receive separate invoices from WAESA and ESA. You will no longer be required to pay both memberships.
What benefits can WAESA offer? Along with the WAESA Benefits, the WAESA Board of Directors voted to maintain a relationship with ESA. This will enable WAESA the ability to offer our members a discount on all NTS classes and to offer a 10% discount on the SARRG Insurance Program. Several of our members are currently saving money on this great insurance.
WAESA will continue to advocate for our industry. We will continue to promote strong relationships with the fire and police departments. We will continue to provide events that cover the most current issues in our industry.
Over the next year, the WAESA name will have to change. We will no longer have the right to use ‘ESA” or have Electronic Security Association in our name as it has been trademarked by ESA. We will be the same association that has served the State of Washington over the past 3 plus decades, we will just have a new name.
We thank you for your loyalty in the past and look forward to a continued relationship in the future. As far as the state association is concerned, nothing has changed.
Become a WAESA Member
Dues help support the day to day operation of the Association. This allows us to provide educational events, legislative, industry, and ordinance information and our youth scholarship program for the children of Police and Fire personnel.
Your membership gives you access to our members only page on our website which has information on governmental affairs both at the state and national level, new ordinance information, and important industry announcements.
Regular WAESA Membership is defined as follows – (Voting) shall be open to any company, partnership, firm or corporation primarily and currently in the business of design, installation, maintenance or monitoring of burglar alarms, fire alarms, cameras, access control, structured cabling, AV, integration, door locks and any other low voltage systems and in the possession of appropriate and current licenses and/or certificates as required by law.
Associate WAESA Membership is defined as follow – (Voting) shall be an individual, partnership, school, firm or corporation who is engaged in supplying services or products to the industry or who is acceptable to the association but is not otherwise qualified for regular membership. This membership will enjoy the same privileges and voting rights as a regular membership.
Who We Are
- We are composed of 40+ members
- We are THE #1 SOURCE of information for consumers
- We facilitate the exchange of valuable industry information amongst our Membership
- We promote & support legislation that directly benefits the public
- We provide training and trade shows to keep abreast of the latest in technology
- We promote professionalism in the fire and security industry
Our Mission Statement
- To deliver the resources needed to promote professionalism, ethics, and technical expertise within the electronic life safety and security industry.
- Inspire Our Members to Be Industry Leaders
Thanks for your Support
We would like to thank our Members and our Associate Members and Gem Partners who have supported WAESA in 2019 and we invite you to renew your membership for 2020. We are looking forward to a great year and encourage you to review the member benefits.
You’re Invited To Join WAESA
For those of you who are new to WAESA, we invite you to partner with us as well! There are many levels to choose from, including Gem Partners, who are featured on all marketing materials. Please download the WAESA Membership Application (pdf) and/or the WAESA Associate Member Application & GEM Partnership (pdf)
Thank you all again for your past support, and we look forward to working with you in the new year!